Friday, January 6, 2012

First post of the new year!!!!

Hi all!! Today I made something that I had really been putting off making. It's a tag for Peg's swap on SCS. I've never made one of these large tags before and just wasn't sure what to do. So, I decided to play a little with some Tim Distress Ink pads. Never played with them before either, so I watched a few Youtube videos to get my mojo flowing. Here's the finished product.
I actually stamped the TH stamp pads Fired Brick and Weathered wood onto my ranger craft mat all over. Then misted the ink with water. Then I took my SU Paisley background stamp, stamped onto the ink then onto the tag. If you look closely you can see the paisley background. I used a Sixxix flourish die with Cherry Cobbler CS, punched out a heart from Vanilla CS and sponged with the same TH ink pads, then stamped Love from the SU! Love Matters set with some Momento Tuxedo Black. I used my snail adhesive for the flourish and pop dots for the heart. I also added some bling and a little white butterfly embellishment which is difficult to see. Then I added the Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon for a tie. It really didn't turn out like I envisioned it in my head, but I think it turned out okay. Hope you like it!! Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Suzy800 said...

Sam, I think you did a great job for the first time playing with the Distress Inks!! They're so much fun to use and so versatile! I love your tag and I love that you used the ink mixture as your stamp pad for your paisley stamp......great idea and I love the effect. It's a tag I'd love to receive!!

Cyndi said...

Very cute Tag. I haven't done any tags before either. You did great!

Anonymous said...

love it!!! Gotta love distress ink!!!